A human, Not a very unfamiliar word but a very unfamiliar being though. It is a creation that has been an enigma for as long as the dates go. The biology, the psychology, the sociology has been a study but never provided with an absolute answer. But that’s not what this is about. What is the most difficult thing for a human to do? Work-Life Balance. The human race has never known to show any signs of balance.
There is the pain so much a person wishes to end it in whatever way possible. If there is happiness God knows what mischief that leads to. Amidst all of this is the notion of being detached or invested in someone. A person can either be head over heels for another or build walls so high there is no one literally no one who wishes let alone attempts to cross them. But that is how we know to cope, isn’t it?
How do you even get Work and Life balance when you are so invested? Every feeling is heightened and so is your need to get more. Selfless love might exist but having the patience to get what you need is rarely found. How do you expect the feeling of happiness to be there when sadness is not allowed to be felt in case of the lack of appreciation and attention?
If you think you are bound to feel the clouds but don’t expect you won’t bleed when you hit the ground then the delusion is uncanny because the human emotions don’t just turn off when the bad parts come if you were happy when all was good brace you for what comes after.
How to do Work-Life Balance?
To avoid all this a person can become completely detached. This isn’t about caring because no matter how cold the heart becomes it takes one beat for the warmth to conquer. Detaching yourself from the people around, being there for them nevertheless but not allowing anyone near you is the best coping mechanism I have come across.
I am definitely sure there will be hundreds actually hundreds of thousands who will disagree but then again everyone has their own coping methods. I find the separation soothing. Not letting anyone know about how you feel lets you keep going because when people know things they either try to comfort you or create further problems. At that state of mind getting further problems isn’t what bothers you but having those empty “comforting” words repeated makes you lose all the patience you were trying to practice.
In all these years I have functioned the best when I didn’t let people know how I felt, I heard what they said objectively and replied the same way. Empathy gets to trigger the emotions you are trying so hard to suppress.
Work Life Balance
If you had to choose which way would you choose? Because no matter how I weigh it I always end up going for the latter because I don’t believe in arguing one minute and being all happy the next I cant. If its downhill the rock bottom needs to be hit before you bounce back, if you want to.
For more tips Read Work Life Balance Tips by Mental Health America
Work Life Balance Tips and Quotes
- It is better to rise from life as from a banquet – neither thirsty nor drunken – Aristotle
- Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life – Dolly Parton
- A time for everything: A time to relax and a time to be busy, a time to frolic and a time to labor, a time to receive and a time to give, a time to begin and a time to finish – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- The Gift of Balance in Your Life – May you find the balance of life, time for work but also time for play. Too much of one thing ends up creating stress that no one needs in their life – Catherine Pulsifer
- I have so much admiration for women who are mothers, who balance family and work – Beyonce
- Most people chase success at work, thinking that will make them happy. The truth is that happiness at work will make you successful.” – Alexander Kjerulf
- For fast-acting relief, try slowing down – Lily Tomlin
- Burnout is about resentment. Preventing it is about knowing yourself well enough to know what it is you’re giving up that makes you resentful – Marissa Mayer
- Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away – Barbara de Angelis
- I have the feeling that in a balanced life one should die penniless. The trick is dismantling – Art Garfunkel
- Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important – Stephen R Covey
- Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing – Harriet Braiker