David Hamilton Koch is an American businessman, philanthropist, political activist, and chemical engineer. He joined the family business Koch Industries, a conglomerate that is the second-largest privately held company in the United States, in 1970. (Source)
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1940|
|Born Place||Wichita, Kansas|
|Living Country||United States|
|Father Name||Fred Chase Koch|
|Mother Name||Mary Clementine|
|Spouse||Julia Margaret Flesher|
|Sibling||Charles Koch, Bill Koch, Frederick R. Koch|
|Childrens||Mary Julia Koch, David Koch Jr., John Mark Koch|
|Net. Worth||49.1 billion USD|
|Facebook Account||David Koch Facebook Account|
David Koch Famous Quotes
- We raised a lot of money and mobilized an awful lot of people, and we lost, plain and simple. We’re going to study what worked, what didn’t work, and improve our efforts in the future. We’re not going to roll over and play dead.
David Koch – Fund Raising – Republican
- We are very concerned about the future of our country and the catastrophic consequences of the federal government incurring these massive deficits year after year with no significant steps being taken to correct these deficits.
David Koch – America – Government – Deficit
- After I pass on to another life, I would like the people to think of David Koch and my brother Charles as people who did everything they could to make the world a better place to live.
David Koch – Life – Death – Improvement
- For all the challenges America faces today, there is no republic on Earth quite like ours, and the whole world knows it. We remain a beacon of freedom to people living in bondage wherever it exists.
David Koch – America – Challenges – Earth – Freedom
- What bothers me about Obama is that he seems to be anti-business. Business provides 3 out of every 4 jobs in our economy, and gosh, does he attack business just relentlessly.
David Koch – Business – Economy – Jobs – President
- I think it’s essential to be able to achieve spending reductions and maybe it’s going to require some tax increases. We got to come close to balancing the budget; otherwise, we’re in a terrible deep problem.
David Koch – Deficit – Spending – Taxes – Budget
- I was taught from a young age that involvement in the public discourse is a civic duty. Each of us has a right.. indeed, a responsibility, at times.. to make his or her views known to the larger community in order to better form it as a whole. While we may not always get what we want, the exchange of ideas betters the nation in the process.
David Koch – Politics – Responsibility – Opinions – Community
- A possible forecast of what might happen if these policies continue is the nation of Greece. My god, their debt is gigantically high, unemployment is well over 20 percent in Greece, and they have rioting in the streets, God forbid that should happen to us.
David Koch – America – Deficit – Economy – Budget – Forecast – Greece – Debt – Unemployment
- Almost everybody I know who has any kind of financial savvy or experience is terrified by the consequences of never-ending massive deficits, which are being paid for generally by the Federal Reserve purchasing Treasury bonds.
David Koch – Deficit – Debt – Federal Reserve – Finance
- I’m more interested in economic issues than how much military we need. But I think we should gradually withdraw from the Middle East, you know, from Afghanistan and Iraq, so I believe in that. But I’m not an expert in that, so my opinion probably doesn’t count for very much.
David Koch – America – Economy – Spending – Military – Opinions – Middle East – Iraq – Afghanistan